It’s official. I am calling my recipe series “This Bitch Can Cook”. You can find it on the homepage of Cait and Co Blog on the main menu. This week’s recipe is restaurant-style roasted brussels sprouts. I learned this recipe from an amazing cook while working for a research facility in Austin. I worked in the kitchen of the facility and got to spend plenty of time in the kitchen next to the cooks and the rest of the staff. Let’s just say we were eatin’ good!
This recipe is so easy and will totally impress anyone you prepare it for. If you can turn on your oven and use a knife, you can successfully prepare this dish. It is a perfect side for any chicken or pork entree. Warning: it can be spicy, but you can control the heat with the amount of Sriracha you use. Yeah, Sriracha…yum! The most important part of this recipe is definitely the sauce. It can be used on roasted broccoli, meat balls, and anything else if you’re craving a little sweet + spicy.
1 lb brussels sprouts
2 Tbsp olive oil
¼ Cup Caravelle Sweet Chili Sauce
¼ Cup Sriracha Sauce
1 Tbsp Honey
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Remove any stems and cut brussels sprouts in half. Place in a mixing bowl.
3. Toss halves in 2 Tbsp of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spread halves evenly on a cooking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Halfway through turn the brussels to roast them evenly.
5. In a smaller mixing bowl, add ¼ cup Sweet Chili Sauce, ¼ Cup Sriracha Sauce, and 1 Tbsp Honey. Mix together thoroughly.
6. Once brussels are roasted, remove from the oven and place in large mixing bowl. Pour the sauce from the previous step over the brussels and toss until all are coated.