If you think crock pots are just for cold weather, think again. The other day I got a hankering for some BBQ chicken and decided to pull my crock pot out of the pantry. It turned out AWESOME so I had to share the recipe. Enjoy!
These slow cooker savers are everything. I have never used my crockpot without them! You should definitely get some of these if you don’t have them already.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
sweet baby rays honey bbq sauce, 2 cups
2 T Worcestershire sauce
½ cup brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 white onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Place strips of raw chicken breast into the crock pot and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, cilantro, basil, and garlic. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour BBQ sauce mixture over chicken in crock pot. Mix around until all of the chicken is coated with the sauce.
- Add chopped onion. Mix thoroughly
- Put on HIGH for the first 2 hours, then switch to LOW for the next 6 to 8. –> The original recipe suggests keeping it on high for 4 hours, but that would have been midnight for me so I decided to switch it to low and go to bed.